Monday, September 9, 2013

Auburn Alamaba: Ariccia Restaurant

Yet again, I am traveling for work.  This time I am visiting a state I've never had the pleasure of visiting before: Alabama.  After many hours of travel to get to Auburn University, I visited the restaurant attached to my hotel.

Ariccia
I have to say, I thought it was a bit strange that the hostess brought me to a table and then asked, "Is this okay, or do you want something farther back?"  I appreciate her asking, but it seemed strange as I'd already seated myself at the table.


Image courtesy of www.auhcc.com
I will say, however, that I really enjoyed the ambiance.  It was dark (but not too dark) and cozy, wasn't too loud and I didn't feel like I was accidentally eavesdropping on anyone or vice versa because the tables were nicely spaced apart.  I also had a nice view of the kitchen area, which I always find enjoyable.  I was quickly served some rosemary bread with olive oil and cracked pepper.  Unfortunately the bread was dry and seemed almost stale, but thankfully the olive oil made it edible.

My server was super friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable of the menu.  I am lactose intolerant, so I will admit going into an Italian restaurant was probably a bit silly on my part, but she was able to point out which items were dairy free or could easily be modified to be dairy free.  I settled for the tagliatelle which has a lovely and not overpowering pesto with pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and a few sprigs of broccolini.

Overall, despite a few polishes here and there, I really enjoyed my meal and my experience at Ariccia.  I don't know that I'd go out of my way to return, but if I am ever visiting Auburn and staying at the Hotel, I'd certainly consider it for the convenience if nothing else.

Overall rating: 3-stars (out of 5)

***Review cross-posted to Yelp.com*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment